Milk peda




Milk Pedas takes me to my childhood days when I used to get round sweet milk pedas. I don't exactly remember from where it was bought , but I still remember the  colored box lined with butter paper having full of white pedas stacked one on top of the other with a wheel shape imprinted on it. My husband is not fond of sweets but Milk peda is one among the few sweets which  he likes. One day, I thought of making him his favorite sweet and it came out pretty well and this was the recipe which I tried. Though it didn't exactly tasted as good as the old ones which I used to get in my childhood days, it was good. I have almost tried to mimic the taste and shape of my favorite milk pedas. This is a microwave  version recipe and will take only 3 minutes and is very easy and simple. So just give a try if you are also fond of sweets....!!!!



Ingredients
---------------

  1. Milk powder - 3/4 cup
  2. Condensed milk - 1/2 can of 14 oz
  3. Melted butter - 1/2 stick
  4. Cardomom Powder - 1 pinch
  5. Pista/ Almond / cashew pieces - for Garnishing



Method
-------------
  1. Mix  ingredients numbered 1 to 4 well and keep on high in microwave for 1 minute.
  2. After 1 minute take out and stir well and keep again for another 1 min,  
  3. Take out , mix well and microwave for  1 minute checking at 30 sec  interval.
  4. It will totally take 3 minutes  but can be increased or decreased slightly depending on the microwave.
  5. At this stage it will start leaving from the pan.
  6. Take out from the microwave  and cool down a bit.
  7. Roll into desired shaped and garnish with the nuts of your choice.







Comments